Serves two to three
May be served with Sesame Seed Bread with a nut or seed butter spread on top.
• 4 by 4-inch piece of kombu
• 1/4 cup hiziki (seaweed)
• 1/4 cup shredded daikon white radish (optional)
• 3 tablespoons bonita fish flakes
• 2 tablespoons dried mushrooms, sliced thin and chopped fine
• 1 tablespoon onion flakes
• 1/4 teaspoon ginger, ground
• handful dried shrimp
• 5 cups water
Combine all in cook-pot and bring to boil. Keep at a high simmer for 25 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle sesame seeds or onion slices on top.