These cakes will form a brown crust on the outside and inside will slightly steam. Very satisfying in cold weather for breakfast or any time as a dessert after a light supper.
• 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
• 1/2 cup millet meal
• 1/2 cup sunflower seed meal
• 1/2 cup almond meal
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup hot water
Place dry ingredients in a bowl. Add hot water, stir, and let sit for 15 minutes or so, and then form heaping tablespoonful into a ball (dough will be moist) and pat into a pancake shape, about 3/8 inch thick. Cook on lightly greased frying pan. Serve with butter and honey or Date Walnut Topping. Very good cold for later in the day with peanut butter and honey or cold topping. Makes one dozen small cakes.
add to above:
• 1 cup or so wild greens, chopped very fine
• 1 medium onion, chopped fine, or 1 tablespoon onion flakes
• 1 teaspoon savory
• 1/2 teaspoon salt ( rather than 1/4 teaspoon salt)
Cook as above, serve with tamari soy sauce or Peanut Butter Gravy or hot mustard.