Makes approximately 1 gallon
Serve this granola with stewed fruit, hot or cold milk, water, mint or rose hip tea, or just plain dry as a pocket food.
• 1/2 cup oil
• 1/2 cup honey
• 1/2 cup sorghum, molasses or maple syrup
• 1 tablespoon vanilla
• 1/4 cup milk powder
• 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
• 1 cup wheat germ
• 5 cups rolled oats
• 2 cups rolled wheat
• 2 cups rolled rye
• 1 cup unsweetened coconut shreds
• 2 cups raisins or currants
• 1 cup each cashews, almonds, pitted dates, sunflower seeds
Heat oil, honey, and syrup in a large pot until thin. Remove from heat. Add remaining ingredients in order given, except fruit, nuts, and seeds. Stir well after each addition. Spread mixture onto a cookie sheet. Bake at 250º F for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Cool. Stir in remaining ingredients. Store in airtight container.