A single recipe serves two for lunch or before a main course for supper. Doubled, it serves two for supper along with crackers or Journey Cakes.
• 2 tablespoons spinach flakes
• 1 tablespoon onion flakes
• 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon garlic granules
• 1/2 cup milk powder
• 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
• 1/2 pound cheddar cheese, grated or sliced
• 1 tablespoon oil (optional)
• 3 cups water
• handful toasted chopped almonds (optional)
Package first 5 ingredients in one bag and milk powder and whole wheat flour in another. In camp, mix 2 cups water, oil, and first bag. Bring to boil, and cook 5 minutes. Meanwhile, stir together milk, flour, and remaining 1 cup water. Add to soup broth and stir in grated cheese. Do not boil. Stir until cheese melts. Sprinkle on almonds. Serve hot.