This may be made in the morning, left to sit in a creek or the shade until lunch, when you might add fresh chopped greens. A very delicate flavor; good with crackers and cheese.
• 3/4 cup bulgar
• 2 tablespoons onion flakes
• 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
• 2 teaspoons hiziki seaweed (optional)
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
• 2 tablespoons oil
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
• 1 1/3 cups boiling water
• fresh greens: sorrel, miners lettuce, dandelion greens, watercress
Place dry ingredients in bowl and add boiling water and oil. Let sit covered for 20 minutes. Add greens, broken into bite-size pieces, lemon juice and garlic. Toss well.